Nadir's Experiences in Healthcare
People with long-term conditions such as Coronary Heart Disease, Diabetes Mellitus and Mental Illness are now living longer. With coaching, they would most likely gain more control over their life and improve their lifestyles.
Coaching is equally useful to equip them to develop their skills and access appropriate resources in order to manage their role effectively. Coaching would enable the individuals to explore the difficulties that dominate their lives and identify practical solutions.
Still, the impact of the health conditions may make them feel lonely and isolated. Coaching may add a new dimension, a sense of purpose and meaning to life.
Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears - Les Brown.
To support the individuals, Motivational Interviewing is used to encourage behaviour change.
Ethics of Nadir's Practice
Abides by the code of practice of the following Professional Bodies
- The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
- The British Psychological Society (BPS).
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
- The Association for Coaching.
- MA (Counselling ) - Goldsmiths, University of London.
- MSc ( Health Psychology) - City University, London.
- Psychometric testing: 'Level B Intermediate Plus', accredited by British Psychological Society.
- Certificates in Coaching ( Performance, Health ) & Psychological Coaching.
- MSc (Psychology) - Open University.
- Thorn Course - Diploma in 'Problem-Centred Interventions for people with serious mental illness' at King's College, London.
- Diploma in counselling skills (ILEA) - South West London College, Tooting, London.
- Associate Member of The Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development (CIPD).
- Registered General Nurse - Mayday Hospital, Croydon, Surrey.
- Registered Mental Health Nurse - The Central Hospital, Warwick, Warwickshire.